You and your family are invited to join and celebrate National Engineers Week at Carnegie Science Center. You can learn all about what engineering is, the different types of engineering and more. There’s activities, local professionals, demonstrations, and more!
Engage in hands-on activities and see dazzling demonstrations, which might include:
- Play Sphero Bowling – code Sphero robots to roll around the floor and knock over things.
- Making high-bounce balls.
- Build a racecar with a clothespin, straw, twist ties, and buttons and seeing how fast it goes.
- Learn about electrical safety by seeing how a circuit breaker works and how an overloaded outlet can cause the circuit breaker to trip.
- Build a clay boat designed to hold as much weight as possible and testing it with pennies.
- Making paper bridge piers.
Thursday, Feb. 22, 10 am – 3 pm
Friday, Feb. 23, 10 am – 3 pm
Saturday, Feb. 24, 10 am – 3 pm
Doors open at 10 am.
CLICK HERE for more details!
Activities are included with Carnegie Science Center admission.