Thrilling Grilling Hacks
Five ways to spice up your grilling experience!
- Barbecue sauce is a sweet tangy flavor trip as it is, but there are many ways to spice up your favorite sauce of choice. Just add some of your favorite hot sauce in half teaspoon increments to really bring on the heat! (Source: http://bit.ly/2LJPk5S)
- Think your barbecue sauce is too bland? Luckily for you, you probably have all the ingredients necessary to give your sauce that kick you desire in your pantry. Adding a pinch (or a few pinches) of onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, or even some sea salt will really amp up your favorite sauce! (Source: http://bit.ly/2LJPk5S)
- Maybe you think your barbecue sauce is too tart and is lacking in that sweetness you want. Just add some honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar to your condiment to really bring on the sweet heat! (Source: http://bit.ly/2LJPk5S)
- If you think your barbecue sauce might be too sweet, just add some apple cider vinegar to add some fullness and contrast. If your looking to mellow it out even more, add some red wine vinegar. Start with two tablespoons of your choice of vinegar, shake, and see if it did the trick! (Source: http://bit.ly/2LJPk5S)
- Sick of disorganization at your grill table? Well if you have an empty cardboard 6 pack container laying around, you can put it to good use! Use the 6-pack carrier as a caddy to carry your utensils, condiments, and napkins, and keep that table clean! (Source: http://bit.ly/2L6G5vb)
We’ve waited all winter for summer to bring the heat, and now that its here, its time to fire up the grills! But why not make this year, the summer you decide to make it easier on yourself grilling? Luckily for you, we got the tips to do just that! Check out this month’s Kuhn’s Food Hacks all centered around grilling!
(Source article and picture: http://bit.ly/2IWvLt9)
If your having a cookout, your probably have an onion laying around. Just cut the onion in half, stick it on a fork, and use the cut side to remove all that pesky burnt on grease from the grill. The natural oils in the onion will remove the grease with ease, and even will season your next meal!
If you have some tin foil laying around, use this easy method of preparing all your favorite cookout foods! Just wrap your favorite meats, and veggies in tin foil and place it on the grill or beside the fire. Leave them for about 30-40 minutes, and then let them cool for an additional 10 minutes. After that, unwrap and enjoy! (Source: http://bit.ly/2JfhKpY)
Even Better Than Skewers!
Why go buy new skewers for your kabobs when you can get creative (and tasty) with it? Use rosemary sprigs to skewer your meats and veggies on your kabob, to really add some flavor and flair to your dish! (Source Image and Article: http://bit.ly/2L6G5vb)
Marinate Your Meat In Beer
(Source article and pic: http://bit.ly/2L6G5vb)
Marinate your meat of choice in beer to make it healthier, we are serious! Scientists say any nasty chemicals or unsavory carcinogens that are produced by grilling will be negated by marinating your meat in beer.
Don’t Waste the Heat!
(Source image and article: http://bit.ly/2L6G5vb)
After you’re done grilling for the day, don’t forget that your grill is still retaining heat that you could be using. Use your warmed grill to keep meats, veggies, and other cookout foods warm. You can also toss your desserts on some foil and heat them up just right while your guests enjoy your world-famous burgers you just served up.
Find Your Local Kuhn’s Market
- Allison Park
Address: 2412 Ferguson Road, Allison Park, PA 15101
Phone Number: 412-219-1100
2.) Banksville Road
Address: 3125 Banksville Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15216
Phone Number: 412-242-8777
Address: 661 Lincoln Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15202
Phone Number: 412-766-4546
4.) Beulah Road
Address: 700 Beulah Road, Wilkins Township, PA 15145
Phone Number: 412-829-2555
Address: 1130 Highway Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Phone Number: 412-231-8808
Address: 2284 Brodhead Road, Aliquippa, PA 15001
Phone Number: 724-857-2200
Address: 745 West Ingomar Road, Ingomar, PA 15127
Phone Number: 412-366-1700
8.) McKnight Road
Address: 4801 McKnight Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
Phone Number: 412-369-8781
9.) Moon Township
Address: 825 Beaver Grade Road, Coraopolis, PA 15108
Phone Number: 412-264-3225